This really is only for new users on the Web. You may not know what
hypertext links are, but you must have used one to get to this page!
- Hypertext links are items on a Web page which can be clicked on with the
mouse in order to display another page, like this link
(although this one only goes to this page, so you can try clicking on it).
- A link should be highlighted in some way; normally it is underlined,
but this depends on the browser and the defaults which have been set up.
- If you can't see the words "this link" in a different colour,
or underlined, then there is something wrong with your browser, or its
- A link usually appears in a different colour if you have already been to
the destination page, but again this depends on the options you have set.
- You should have a button, or menu choice which allows you to go back,
i.e. return to the screen where you clicked to get to here
- You do not have to go back the way you came if you don't
want to; there are no resources used up by continuing to
"descend", and never "ascending"
Copyright and disclaimer
Content and structure of these pages
Return to top